With the enormous cost of downtime in mining operations, Binsfeld understands how important it is for companies in the mining industry to keep their operation running efficiently. TorqueTrak products are used in the development, commissioning, and operation stages of a variety of mining equipment including conveyors, excavators, and mills. Our products allow clients in the mining market to measure the true mechanical torque and power on virtually any rotating shaft, helping minimize downtime and increase operational efficiency.
Sealed torque and power monitoring system with digital data output.
Torque and power monitoring system with analog data output.
Temporary torque measurement system for rotating shafts.
When you need to know the real torque (or horsepower) on your machinery or drive system consider Binsfeld Torque Measurement Services.
- Know when shaft performance is degrading when maintenance is needed (Predictive Maintenance)
- Ensure machine is running at peak performance and identify excessive energy losses in couplings, gears, and bearings
Reduced operation costs
- Keep things running at peak efficiency to increase equipment longevity and ensure less downtime
- Quickly and accurately determine the root cause of malfunctioning equipment
- Root cause pulley and bearing failures
Process Monitoring & Control
- Reduce downtime by knowing when coupling, gearbox, or bearing performance is degrading
- Initiate preventative maintenance or replace worn components only when needed
- Verify actual conveyor performance against theoretical models (demand power, shaft torque, dynamic behavior)
- Confirm adequate load sharing and VFD functionality
- Increase conveyor capacity by knowing power losses in gears/coupling