Binsfeld Engineering differs from other temperature transmitter manufacturers in several important ways.
Transmitters Are Our Business
Binsfeld is the only godet and calendar rotary temperature transmitter manufacturer that is focused on rotating-to-stationary data transmission as our core business. Because this is our primary area of expertise, we approach our transmitter designs from a different perspective than a machinery manufacturer. For them, the transmitter is a detail in a much larger offering. At Binsfeld, it is our offering.
Leveraging our broad experience in communicating rotating data signals, Binsfeld wireless temperature transmitters feature innovative improvements that help them outlast the competition, allowing us to offer exceptional warranties—up to 5 years!
- Generous spacing (several millimeters or more) between rotor and stator eliminates impacting and rubbing in the case of motor bearing or other mechanical failure.
- Whenever possible, stationary circuitry is housed in a small DIN-rail mount package that can be located away from the hottest part of the machinery (30 meters or more from the godet). This arrangement isolates the electronics from excessive heat and vibration, factors which contribute to premature failure.
- Rotor power is automatically continuously monitored and minimized to extend transmitter life and reduce power consumption.
- Open-air mechanical design allows cooler operation (without the need for external fans or air injection) further extending transmitter life.
With well over 100 different configurations available we have systems to fit most existing godet roll motors and control systems. Binsfeld transmitters feature a variety of industry standard output signals from basic 4-20 mA to a selection of voltage levels to digital interfaces like CAN Bus and PROFIBUS. We also offer transmitter replacements for specific manufacturers with more unique signal types such as Dienes or Rieter frequency. All this means that you can upgrade to better temperature control (and better fiber) without any machine modifications.
Operators and maintenance personnel appreciate the simplicity and ease of use, from the non-critical positioning during installation to the convenient troubleshooting if problems do occur.
- Digital handshake at power-up allows complete interchangeability of system parts.
- Long term digital stability eliminates the need for calibration.
- Simple, easily recognized error codes identify problems in the temperature control loop even upstream and downstream of transmitter (e.g. sensor out of range or low input power) which means quick troubleshooting and fast return to production.